Lash Lifting and Tinting
Eyelash Extension Removal
TELL ME MORE ABOUT EYELASH EXTENSIONS:
Eyelash extensions have become a beloved beauty secret to women of all ages over the past several years. They enhance the natural look of the eye, bringing youth and radiance to one’s appearance. Eyelash extensions are strands of synthetic hairs individually adhered with a special adhesive to one’s own lash that add length, thickness and fullness to natural eyelashes. Extensions are applied onto the eyelash itself and never come in direct contact with one’s skin.
PREPPING FOR APPOINTMENT
- Do not wear eye makeup. Makeup close to the eye area must be removed prior to the application process. Use a mild, oil-free cleanser. Do not use oil-based makeup removers.
- Do not apply face creams or sunblock in the eye area. The oil found in many moisturizers prevents eyelash adhesive from bonding to the natural eyelash and reduces the longevity of your eyelash extensions.
- Do not put on mascara. Removing mascara can be very time-consuming and any residual makeup will prevent proper application of the extensions.
- Do not curl your lashes before your appointment. Extensions will not adhere to crimped eyelashes.
CARING FOR YOUR LASHES
*Please follow these guidelines to help keep your eyelash extensions looking beautiful.
- Be gentle with your new lashes, do not get them wet for the first 24 hours after application, refrain from touching or rubbing them.
- Avoid swimming, steam rooms, saunas, or extreme heat for 48 hours after application.
- Do not use an eyelash curler on the lash extensions or try to perm or tint them. This will break the bond on the extensions and might damage your natural lashes.
- Do not use oil-based products (oil-based eye makeup, makeup remover, moisturizer, cleanser, sunscreen) on or near your lashes. Use products of non-oily, non-creamy formulas to remove eye makeup. Oil-based makeup products will dissolve the adhesive on the eyelash extensions and will cause your extensions to fall out sooner than expected.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes roughly when cleaning your face and avoid running water directly on your lashes.
- Avoid sleeping face down to prevent pressing against your eyelashes.
- Be very careful when removing makeup in the eye area. Gently go over the eye area, sweep up and away from the lash extensions.
- Using mascara on eyelash extensions is not recommended. If you must wear mascara, only use water-based mascara, please do not use waterproof or oil-based mascara as removing this is difficult to do without damaging your natural eyelashes.
- Keep an eyelash comb handy to straighten out any loose, stray lashes. Comb them carefully and very gently only when needed.
- Do not pull on any loose extensions or you risk plucking out your natural eyelashes. Do not attempt to remove the lash extensions yourself; allow the extensions to fall off naturally or schedule an appointment to have them professionally removed.